If you are considering buying gym equipment for home use, the Gold’sGym XRS 50 is an excellent standard piece for the entry-level home gym.Known for its versatility, it allows you to perform multiple exercises on both the upper and lower part of the body with its pulley systems. The XRS 50 is an excellent solution for anyone looking at getting a full-body workout or targeting specific body parts. Moreover, this home gym is comfortable to use and is built well enough to serve you for years.
Gold’s Gym XRS 50 Home Gym with high and low pulley system helps you to tone your entire body, using several workout options. This home gym is specifically built to develop strong muscles while strengthening the body in the process. So let’s jump into the full review of the XRS 50 Home Gym.
Gold’s Gym XRS 50 Review
We’ve tested this home gym and found many impressive features that made it one of our favorite fitness machines. Here are some of our favorite features we liked on the XRS 50 Home Gym by Gold’s Gym:
It is comprehensive gym equipment that allows you to work out your pectoral muscles, chest, arms, back, shoulders, and legs. Plus, the Golds XRS 50 Home Gym has a high pulley system that helps in developing your back and lateral muscles.
High Weight Capacity
It has 112 lb vinyl weight stack; this will provide you with up to 280 lbs of strength resistance. Moreover, the Golds Gym XRS50 has a 300 lb user weight capacity.
Sturdy Build Quality
It comes with sewn vinyl seats that offer much comfort and durability.
Muscle Group Targeting
You can make use of the low pulley system to tone up your leg muscles and biceps. The four-roll leg developer can be used to tone up the hamstrings, quads, and hip flexors. And for those who want to tone their chest and arms muscles, it offers a combination of chest press/butterfly arm stations.
Gold’s Gym XRS 50 Exercise Chart Inclusion
Most times, you’ll purchase a home gym equipment that doesn’t give clear guidance on the moves that you can do. However, with this Golds Home Gym, you get a detailed exercise chart that is designed by professionals.
Easy to Assemble
It is easy to assemble, though it can be a bit time-consuming. With this home gym, you get directions that are easy to follow, and bolts and nuts are already organized to be used step by step. However, it is heavy, so it is better to set it up where you want to place it. As once you assemble the XRS 50, it will be difficult to move.
Easy to Use
Once it is set up, it is easy to use. It contains all the standard features that are required of a home gym.
Excellent Price Point
It comes at a reasonable price. So, those looking for budget-friendly home gym need not go looking elsewhere. We’ve always recommended the XRS 50 Home Gym as one of the top models to buy for persons on a budget.
There’s a lot to like about this gym equipment. But to make it easier for you to figure out if this is home gym is right for you, we’ve included all the pros and cons.
Pros & Cons of Gold’s Gym XRS 50
- Gold’s Gym XRS 50 is specifically focused on weight training. Its 112-pound vinyl weight stack is exceptionally durable and made to last.
- The peg system allows you to change the weight stacks effortlessly.
- It also offers you an impressive 280 lbs of resistance on the weight stacks.
- Gold’s Gym XRS 50 Home Gym can be used for a full-body workout. Its dual function allows work out of the chest and upper body as well as shoulders and arms.
- The leg developer allows you to do extensions, leg curls, and a low pulley to tone up your body muscles further. Gold’s Gym XRS 50 Home Gym is so versatile that it can be used to work out every muscle in the body. Another attractive positive about this equipment is that it has a vinyl coated, comfortable, and padded seat and backrest.
- The leg developer comes with padded rollers that provide extra comfort to your knees and ankles.
- Gold’s Gym XRS 50’s chest station also comes with handles that offer an excellent grip with firm padding. So your hands will not slip when you are working out.
- The XRS 50 Home Gym has a robust and stable build. Its heavy-duty build is thanks to having a frame made of steel tubing. Moreover, the connectors are built with sturdy materials, and the base is also very steady. Overall, this home gym equipment is well-built with no compromise on quality and performance.
- There are a few drawbacks about the Gold’s Gym XRS 50 Home Gym. If you are considering this equipment, have a look below to see if it is worth the buy.
- The Gold’s Gym XRS 50 Home Gym comes with only 112 pounds of weight, which might be a disappointment for serious weight enthusiasts. It may suit someone who is looking for a moderate workout, but it may not be very ideal for those who are interested in heavy workouts.
- This home gym design makes it difficult to work out your biceps.
- It does not include the preacher curl pad, which is an essential component in any home gym. So, anyone who likes to build biceps maybe a bit disappointed with this model.
- This model is a little on the larger size and will take up a lot of space.
The Bottom Line
It won’t be easy to get a cheaper home gym than the Gold’s Gym XRS 50 Home Gym. It is one of the most reasonably priced home gyms available to include this many features. Moreover, the fact that it will allow you to work out every muscle group in your body means it is an excellent home gym to buy.We have discussed the features, pros, and cons in detail here. So once you know what exactly you are looking for and what this model offers, you should be able to decide if it will be right for you quickly. Overall, we’ve found that the XRS 50 is a great home gym for anyone looking for budget-buy with standard features!